I'll Never Get Out of this World Alive [lyrics]

    I'll Never Get Out of this World Alive [lyrics]

    Now you're lookin' at a man that's gettin' kind a mad
    I had lot's of luck but it's all been bad
    No matter how I struggle and strive
    I'll never get out of this world a live.

    My fishin' pole's broke the creek is full of sand
    My woman run away with another man
    No matter how I struggle and strive
    I'll never get out of this world alive.

    A distant uncle passed away and left me quite a batch
    And I was livin'g high until that fatal day
    A lawyer proved I wasn't born
    I was only hatched.

    Ev'rything's agin' me and it's got me down
    If I jumped in the river I would prob'ly drown
    No matter how I struggle and strive
    I'll never get out of this world alive.

    These shabby shoes I'm wearin' all the time
    Are full of holes and nails
    And brother if I stepped on a worn out dime
    I bet a nickel I could tell you if it was heads or tails.

    I'm not gonna worry wrinkles in my brow
    'Cause nothin's ever gonna be alright nohow
    No matter how I struggle and strive
    I'll never get out of this world alive.

    I could buy a Sunday suit and it would leave me broke
    If it had two pair of pants I would burn the coat
    No matter how I struggle and strive
    I'll never get out of this world alive.

    If it was rainin' gold I wouldn't stand a chance
    I wouldn't have a pocket in my patched up pants
    No matter how I struggle and strive
    I'll never get out of this world alive.Source URL: https://foringsorehomes.blogspot.com/2010/01/i-never-get-out-of-this-world-alive.html
    Visit foringsorehomes Blog for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive